The Journalism category feels suspiciously like a rehash of the painful early days of the podcast, when the Backers struggled to find the precious nuggets of quality among a smattering of “lifestyle” campaigns and ill-conceived attempts to extract money from the virtual cash machine that is — in some eyes, clearly — Kickstarter. We’ll hear of Chris’s love of cycling related items and Brian’s naked yearning for drones and, just maybe, two worthy campaigns that allow them to complete the mission.
Episode Links and Assorted Information
- Empires of EVE: A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
- DC Businessman Sued After Allegedly Spending $112K of Crowdfunding Money on Bars, Uber, Hirshhorn Visits
- Was this campaign a scam to maintain the creator’s metropolitan lifestyle?
- PITTA – Transformative Autonomous 4K Selfie Drone
- The Lily autonomous drone, a failed Kickstarter. $34 million from 60,000 backers… and they couldn’t deliver. Now back in business with the next-gen version.
- Rayo : The Ultimate Bicycle Tail-Light
- OneManBand (OMB) – A New Way to Play Guitar
- The Sound Reactive LED Mask
- War in Christmas Village sequels. Tabletop gaming mini
Chris’s Backed Project
Add Ad Women by Lina Franzon & Johanna Johansson
Brian’s Backed Project
‘Just the Facts’ Podcast/Vlog by Tommy Bronsted