This episode finds the Backers ruminating on the theme “Spring is Sprung”. There’s palpable excitement as PAKA sweaters, backed in season 1, have arrived. Chris drinks a gose which affords Brian space to pronounce his profound disgust in a choice of beverage that is “spoiled beer”. The Backers discuss the news that a Kickstarter executive is throwing shade at Indiegogo for fudging their numbers. Brian puts spring in his step with a campaign that will disincentivize sock demons from carrying his garments to the Land of Orphan Socks. Chris bends this fortnight’s theme to his will with a very literal interpretation of “spring” to back a new clicky pen, while also backing a once in a lifetime record by a couple that has been performing together for two decades.
Next time on Backers: channeling our inner Steve Perry with “Be Good to Yourself”.
Episode Links and Assorted Information
- PAKA sweaters
- Will the FermLock campaign deliver or have its backers lost their money?
- A Kickstarter exec is accusing Indiegogo of fudging its numbers
- Indiegogo’s Odd Numbers
- Sour beer
- Tropicmost Passionfruit Gose
- Max Pump 2, Best outdoor tool. Enjoy your leisure time!
- Hellboy Board Game Kickstarter Raises $1 Million In About Five Seconds
- Hellboy: The Board Game
- Silvertech 2.0 – Comfortable & Anti-Microbial Underwear
Chris’s Backed Projects
Jonathan & Amanda Noël make a Once-in-a-Lifetime LIVE Record by Jonathan & Amanda Noël
Mark One: A Minimal, Durable, Retractable Pen. by Dan Provost & Tom Gerhardt
Brian’s Backed Project
SOLOSOCKS No-Shows – The World’s Best Summer Socks by SOLOSOCKS