Brian and Chris put their ignorance of British Royalty on full display in this special episode honoring the wedded union of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. Before revealing their backed projects that are fit for royalty, the Backers discuss why women get funded more often on Kickstarter and then learn about Flopstarter, the crowdfunding land of hilariously bad ideas. Brian yearns for affordable, pocketable drones. Chris yearns for another fountain pen. They also discuss an enamel pin project that probably infringes on Disney’s IP. But hey, they’re not lawyers. In the end, the Backers both find tabletop campaigns worthy of royal approval. Let the games begin.
Next time on Backers: School’s out for summer.
Episode Links and Assorted Information
- Why women are more likely to get funded on Kickstarter
- Flopstarter is Kickstarter for really, really, really bad ideas
- The Next Generation Kickstarter That’s Transforming Crowdfunding
- Acorn Collective
- After tens of thousands of pre-orders, 3D audio headphones startup Ossic disappears
- Mark Drone: 1st Visual Inertial Odometry Positioning Drone
- Fairy Drone: The Ultraportable Full HD Aerial Photographer
- Pico U. Brew Everything.
- MCU Avengers enamel pins
- SportHacks Bag | The most functional sports bag ever!
- YES PLZ: Great Coffee Should Be For Everyone
- Shirts for Men Under 5’10
- KOSMOS ink – Magnetic Fountain Pen
Chris’s Backed Project
Maximum Mayhem Dungeons #5: Palace of the Dragon’s Princess by Mark Taormino
Brian’s Backed Project
Infected: The Carrier (An expansion and 2nd printing) by Black Forest Studio